LPGA Golf Touring Professional 2003– Present
Managed and marketed the "Heather Angell" brand, as well as the brands of many golf related products. Self motivated and highly organized. Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interaction with people from around the world.
· Third Place at the 2017 LPGA National Championship, earning a spot in the 2018 KPMG PGA Women's Championship, an LPGA Major
· Winner of the 2012 Ohio Women's Open
· Second Place at the 2012 Maryland Women's Open
· Member of 2006- 2011 Player Promotional Team – Official marketing team for the LPGA Symetra Futures Tour (Pro Ams, Clinics, Social Events, Media Interviews, etc.)
· One of two Tour members on 2008-2009 LPGA Professional Development & Member Services Advisory Committee.
· Selected by peers as official representative on the Futures Tour Players’ Advisory Committee, 2005
· Selected as Tour Representative to appear in all print media advertising for the tour in 2004
· Finished 6th out of 300 in 2003 Qualifying School, 17th out of 300 in 2015 Qualifying School
· Won over $150,000 for numerous charitable organizations, such as The Crosby Scholars Program and the Special Olympics
• Honored by Governor Mike Easley for contributions to Women’s Sports in North Carolina
• Captain of the US Junior World Cup Team, 1998
• Won two American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) tournaments
• Team Member of the winning East Coast AJGA Canon Cup Team
• Played in two US Women’s Amateur Golf Championships
• Four top ten finishes on golf team at UNC –Chapel Hill
Instructor and Assistant Golf Professional, November 2015-Present
Contributor to the Verandah View Monthly Magazine, November 2016-Present
Golf Instructor and Manager of Ladies Golf Programs
Fort Myers, FL
• Verndah View February 2017 • Verandah View March 2017 • Vernadah View April 2017 • Verandah View May 2017 • Verandah View June 2017 • Verandah View August 2017 • Verandah View September 2017 • Verandah View October 2017 • Verandah View November 2017 • Verandah View December 2017
Senior Golf Instructor, April 2014-Present
Instructor, Social Media Coordinator, Business Plan Developer
North Carolina Golf Academy
Greensboro/High Point, NC
Eat Play Win Blog, 2014-Present
Online blog focusing on food allergies and athletics. How to survive and excel in sports with multiple food intolerances.
High Point Furniture Market, 2011-2017
High Point, NC
Representative for Theodore Alexander, 2013-2017.
Representative for Shadow Mountain Inc. Unique Home Products, 2011-2012.
Golf News Writer, 2012, 2017
Triangle Golf Today
Contributing Writer for Triangle Golf Today, a golf news publication that covers the Triangle Metropolitan Area and the I-95 corridor including Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Fayetteville and Sanford. Triangle Golf Today distributes more than 17,000 printed copies per issue in 300 locations, along with 15,000 monthly online viewers.
Triad Golf Today
Contributing Writer for Triad Golf Today, a golf news publication that covers the Triad Metropolitan Area and Southern Virginia, including Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point. Triad Golf Today distributes more than 26,000 printed copies per issue in 500 locations, along with 15,000 monthly online viewers.
Sales Associate, May 2012-October 2012
Sales Associate, December 2011-May2012, November 2012-January 2013
· Associate of the Month, December 2011
· First Ascent Expert, Outerwear Expert
Assistant Golf Professional, 2011-2012
Salem Glen Country Club, Clemmons, NC
Assisted Head Professional in golf shop and during tournaments. Assisted Head Professional in merchandising for golf shop, as well as planning future events and tournaments for members. Taught golf lessons to members of the club.
Independent Contractor , SkyHawke Technologies, Inc. 2005 - 2010
Ridgeland, MS – Makers of the SkyCaddie GPS
Duties included enabling over 500 golf courses in NC, SC, GA, and VA for use with the SkyCaddie GPS device. Gained extensive experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting data using numerous computer database systems. Market and "sell" the enabling, which is a free service, to the golf courses. Identified and sought out new business opportunities and golf courses to expand the SkyCaddie brand growth and profitability. With my knowledge of golf, I was able to report product trends and needs in the field back to management.
Junior League of Winston-Salem 2007-Present
Advisor to High School Seniors, The Crosby Scholars Program, 2011-2018
Scholarship Selection Committee Member, 2012-2017
Chairperson, The Crosby Scholars Program Committee, Junior League of Winston-Salem, 2014-2015, 2017-2018
Member of Community Council, 2014-2015
• Assisted high school seniors with college application essays
Executive Board of Directors Representative, Forsyth Education Partnership, 2013-2015
• Promise Award Selection Committee Member, 2013-2015
• Marketing Committee, 2013-2015
Editor of the semi-annual magazine for the Junior League of Winston-Salem (JLWS), Words of Winston-Salem, 2009-2010
Spring 2010 Issue
Fall 2009 Issue
• Involved in all aspects of editing, writing, photographing, and laying out magazine.
Assistant Editor of the annual report for the JLWS, Words of Winston-Salem, 2008-2009
Member of the Communications Council, 2008-2010
Editor and Writer of Training and Teaching Manual, Accelerized Golf 2005
Wrote and edited a training manual for golf teaching and training technology and teaching manual for golf swing. Organized, researched, interviewed, and gathered all information for manual. The technology used to teach students the golf swing included a computer program, cameras, sensors, and video CADD program.
Assistant Golf Professional/Merchandiser/Tournament Operations Assistant, Grandover Resort 2004
Internship for Masters degree. Gained valuable experience in retail sales, merchandising, and event management. Worked closely with merchandiser in selecting future merchandise and managing current merchandise. Assisted Tournament Operations Coordinator in planning and implementing tournaments and outings.
Assistant Women’s Golf Coach, High Point University 2003
High Point, NC
Served as Assistant Coach for Division I NCAA School as internship for Masters’ degree. Assumed responsibility for all facets of coaching during head coach’s pregnancy.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT· Junior League of Winston-Salem (JLWS) 2007 – Present
· Old Salem New Benefactors Founding Member, 2010-2017; Board Member, 2016-2017
· Reynolda House After Hours – Advisory Committee 2006 – 2015
· Golf Tournament Committee Member, Crosby Scholars Celebrity Golf Classic, 2011-2014
· Charity Chicks, Founding Member, 2009 - 2013
· The DASH – Member of Arts Council of Winston-Salem’s Young Adult Advisory Committee 2006 - 2009
· Special Olympics Golf Coach – 1998 – 2002
PGA of America Certified Professional, 2017
· Certified in all four specialties: Teaching/Coaching, Player Development, General Management, Golf Operations
PGA of America Class A Certification, 2015
· 2017 Titleist Club Fitting Professional Certification
· 2017 Titleist Golf Ball Certification
MS, Sport Management, High Point University, High Point, NC, 2005
· Summa cum laude graduate
· Member of the Phi Epsilon Kappa Honor Fraternity
BA, Marketing and Advertising, School of Journalism, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2002
· National Merit Scholar
· Full Athletic Golf Scholarship
· Dean’s List
· ACC Honor Roll
· Athletic Director’s Scholar Athlete Award